Sodena has a social commitment that forms part of its DNA and is materialised through our activities, investments, collaborations and initiatives, all of which are carried out taking into account the values of integration, transparency and service to the community:
- Generating quality employment (with a very positive valuation of female talent).
- Promoting a positive fiscal impact.
- Committing ourselves to the environment and environmental sustainability.
Sodena’s commitment to sustainability is part of our ethical culture and values, where we aim to strike a balance between economic growth, social welfare and care for the environment. For this reason, Sodena has a strategic action plan that promotes lines of action in the three fundamental pillars:
- Contribute to the fight against Climate Change and environmental protection, by focusing efforts on aspects related to energy efficiency, use of renewable energies, promotion of the circular economy and sustainable use of resources.
- Promote employment stability, work-life balance, occupational health and safety, diversity, and equal opportunities, as well as community investment initiatives that generate shared value.
- Promote good corporate governance, with compliance with applicable regulations, commitment to the ethical, transparent and sustainable performance of the company, and promoting best practices in Corporate Governance.
KEY COMMITMENTS AND INITIATIVES
Sodena integrates the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) and the Principles for Responsible Investment to create “long-term sustainable value”.
Sodena is committed to the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and its sustainability strategy is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Setting out priority objectives on for booth day-to-day operations and in the management of its financial support activity.
Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Achieve gender equality, through supplier policies and awareness-raising actions.
Goal 7: Ensuring access to affordable, secure, sustainable and modern energy
Ensure affordable and non-polluting energy, establishing energy saving and efficiency measures internally, promoting the use of renewable energy among invested entities.
Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
Promoting the local economy and culture in Navarre, supporting small and large companies. Promote decent work and economic development through job creation and growth of the entities in which it invests.
Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Promote responsible production and consumption, implementing measures to optimise the use of resources and waste management, both internally and in the companies in which it invests.
Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Contribute to climate action by incorporating it into the corporate culture and integrating it as a pillar of Sodena’s strategy.
Goal 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
Strengthen peace, justice and strong institutions by putting in place policies and mechanisms for data protection, anti-corruption and preventing illegal acts.
At Sodena we aim to comply with best practices as responsible investors, and to disseminate our commitment to responsible investment as a current signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI).
With the accession to the United Nations Global Compact we promote the implementation of the universally accepted Ten Principles of the Global Compact that promote sustainable development in the main areas of action: human rights, labour standards, environment and anti-corruption.
In addition, as a specific initiative to contribute to sustainability, at Sodena we are committed to measuring the carbon footprint of all the business events we organise or co-organise and subsequently offsetting it positively with different actions.