Consolidation and growth
At Sodena we use the venture capital instrument to launch, grow and consolidate existing companies.
Sodena in these cases is an active partner, unlike a lender or stock market investor. It is involved, without intervening in the day-to-day operational processes, in decision-making in the management bodies and is willing to assume greater risk than a financial/credit institution.
This financial and strategic support is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises with growth potential and requiring an investment of more than 400,000 euros to carry out different actions:
- Progress in the development stages of their products until they reach the market.
- Growth organically and inorganically, through acquisitions of other companies.
- Integration projects with other companies or businesses.
- Shareholder changeover.
- Establishments of foreign companies requiring a local partner.
- Management buyout (MBO) or management buyout (MBI).
The characteristics of our participation in projects in the expansion launch phase are as follows:
- Take-up up to 45 %.
- Maximum term of 12 years.
- Presence on the Board of Directors.
- Divestment foreseen under the corporate agreement.
- Possibility of equity loan convertible into capital.
In certain cases this support may be complemented by the granting of equity loans under the following conditions:
- Interest rate composed of a fixed component plus a variable component linked to indicators of the company’s business and sometimes indicators of socioeconomic impact.
- Considered as equity for the purposes of capital reduction and liquidation of companies provided for in commercial legislation.
- Financial profitability for the property is not very high but it is for a lender (possible to get it if combined with capital).
- Subordinated loans.
- They may be capitalized.
- They may entail a presence on the Board of Directors.